SriMithuru Cricket tournament was held on 9th of March 2015 (Labour Day - Public Holiday) at Mulgrave Reserve Grounds, Wheelers Hill VIC 3150. Team registration was opened at 8:30. Following teams led by respective captains/managers joined the tournament.
|1||SL LIONS||Malshika Warnakula|
|2||SL STARS||Samantha Soysa|
|5||CARNAGIE SUPERSTARS||Suresh Subasinghe|
|7||THE CLAN||Rohitha Rathnayake|
|8||KELANI LEGENDS||Dhammika Perera|
|9||TEAM GW STARS||Upul Dematawala|
|11||DEVANS SPORTS CLUB||Shane Hewavissa|
After the preliminary round matches,four top teams of each groups; SL Stars, Pera Sixes, Full Athal and Kelani Superwent in to semi-finals. Kelani super led by Nilaweera emerged as champions of SriMithuru Cricket 2015 by defeating Pera Sixers by 8 runs in the finals. We would like to congratulate winning team and wish good luck for all the teams in forthcoming tournaments including next SriMithuru Cricket Tournament on March 7, 2016.
Meanwhile, our special thanks should go to all the volunteers who turned up to help us by scoring, umpiring, organizing sausage sizzle, preparing the grounds and supporting us in numerous other ways.
|Time||Ground 1||Ground 2|
|8:30 AM||Team Registration|
|8:45 AM||GW STARS Vs. CRICSTAR (Won by GW Stars)||FULL ATHAL Vs. DEVANS SPORTS CLUB|
|9:45 AM||SL LIONS Vs. PERA SIXES (Won by Pera Sixers)||KELANI SUPER Vs. CARNAGIE SUPERSTARS|
|10:45 AM||CRICSTAR Vs. SL STARS (Won by SL Stars)||DEVANS SPORTS CLUB Vs. KELANI LEGENDS|
|11:45 AM||PERA SIXES Vs. THE CLAN (Won by Pera Sixers)||CARNAGIE SUPERSTARS Vs. ASH|
|1:15 PM||GW STARS Vs. SL STARS (Won by SL Stars)||FULL ATHAL Vs. KELANI LEGENDS (Won by Full Athal)|
|2:15 PM||SL LIONS Vs. THE CLAN (Won by SL Lions)||KELANI SUPER Vs. ASH (Won by Kelani Super)|
|3:15 PM||Semi – 1 (Kelani Super Vs Full Athal)||Semi – 2 (SL Stars Vs Pera Sixers)|
|4:15 PM||Final (Kelani Super Vs Pera Sixers) - Won by Kelani super by 8 runs|
|5:30 PM||Awards Ceremony|
- All teams must be present by 8:30 am on the tournament day.
- Teams shall consist of 8 Players (on field) and maximum of three substitute players. Names of the players must be nominated before the first match of the tournament. • Substitution is only allowed within the nominated list throughout the tournament.
- A team must have minimum 6 players to play/stay in the tournament.
- In case of 3 consecutive wide balls/dead balls by a bowler, fielding captain can request a change of bowler from the on-field umpires. Fielding captain should use a player who has not yet bowled to complete the over.
- Batsmen retire not out on reaching 50 runs. A retired batsman can return to crease after lower order batsmen either retire or are out.
- During a match no disruption will be allowed such as change of bats between the batsmen.
- If a team fails to arrive at the grounds on-time for a match, the opposition team shall be announced as the winner of the match.
- Balls are provided and players must have their own bats.
- Tournament dress code must be long trousers, shirt or t-shirt, and shoes. Players who do not comply with tournament dress regulations shall not be allowed to play
- Changes to the tournament rules shall be decided by the tournament organizers at any time. If the tournament cannot be preceded with the planed time schedule at the mid-way of the tournament, number of overs per match shall be curtailed.